By Dennis Smith | Grain PhD Ag Risk Specialist
- U.S. pork is cheap and finally attracting large buyers.
- My beef sources indicate beef is losing demand to pork.
- Bellies should catch fire at this time of year.
- Weights dropped 2.2 lb last week and now reside only 1.8 lbs over last year.
- Hog numbers should drop off by 5% in the next couple of weeks.
- Various sources continue to whittle down feed demand in China due to ASF.
- The U.S. hog & pig report was not bearish, showing extreme caution toward expansion.
- Sources confirm that EU pork production is actually in slight contraction.
- ASF continues to spread in China and likely still spreading in Vietnam.
If you’d like to create a marketing plan with Dennis, call Grain PhD at 1-844-471-4601 and ask for Dennis Smith.
The information conveyed by ADMIS or its affiliates to the audience is intended to be instructional and is not intended to direct marketing, hedging or pricing strategy or to guaranty or predict future events, including the pricing and pricing movements of commodities and commodity futures contracts.